Stop Global Warming
"Fashion is as profound and critical a part of the social life of people as sex, and is made up of the same ambivalent mixture of irresistible urges and inevitable taboos” - Rene Konig

Friday, February 2, 2007

Of Shaggy Dogs and Other Demons

Fashion is about breaking stereotypes, thinking outside the box and self-expression, but sometimes it can go over board and be too "artistic" , if you will. Last season Balenciaga had a very controversial fall line with their bubble-like coats and super tall equestrian inspired hats so just when you thought you have seen it all, enters Prada. When I saw one of their new handbags for spring I couldn't believe my eyes, this thing is hideous it reminds me of a shaggy dog and I found my self completely puzzled. How could something like that be the creation of fashion genius Miuccia Prada? So I ran as fast as a lightning bolt to my computer and looked up the entire Prada collection for spring and summer, I thought I would die when I saw my worst fears materialized. That monstruosity and many other were in fact in the Prada's runway for SS07. It was a sad day ...














So what do you think? Is it yay or nay?


No comments: