Stop Global Warming
"Fashion is as profound and critical a part of the social life of people as sex, and is made up of the same ambivalent mixture of irresistible urges and inevitable taboos” - Rene Konig

Saturday, April 7, 2007

A Day With Out Make Up

My morning routine, when it comes to skin care, it's pretty simple. Not because I have found that miraculous product that does it all, but because I haven't found a good moisturizer that will actually deliver, so I don't care much. If it wasn't because my skin feels really tight after cleansing I would skip moisturizing altogether and go straight to make up application. My skin is the dreadful oily/combo which means that some days I got a shiny T-zone AND dry, flaky patches on the rest of my face, so I use a pore minimizer on my oily areas and spend the rest of the day re-applying moisturizer on the dry ones. How is that possible?!?!? That is until I discover Boots Botanics. Recently, I ran out of my blah moisturizer and thought that since they are all the same to me I will not spend more than $10 on a new morning cream. So I headed to Target ready to get any Aveeno or Olay moisturizer with SPF and there it was, the Boots display so pretty and new (I love pretty and new) it attracted me like flypaper. The first thing that actually caught my attention was the No 7 line with their high potency, age fighting ingredients at prices ranging from $5.99 to $20.00 it was a dream come true. But I have to admit that I am a natural products junkie, I love everything that says "botanical" because I believe in the power of plants. Boots Botanics claims to have very high concentrations of plant extracts in their product so you can actually benefit and see a noticeable difference on your skin. That day I got me the Complexion Refining Day Moisture Lotion SPF 12 and the Skin Brightening Cleanser. The next morning I washed my face and noticed that it didn't feel tight at all, but proceeded to apply the moisturizer with the same indifference I do everyday. I was running late so I didn't do my make up thinking that maybe I would have 5 minutes to do it at the office, the day got crazy and I never did my make up. What a surprise when I went to the restroom and looked at the mirror, my face was glowing, no shiny areas, not a dry patch, no huge pores, just beautiful skin. I honestly just stood there in disbelief, I have finally found a product that actually delivers, that is natural and that doesn't cost a fortune. Now I actually look forward to my morning routine and might as well just skip make up altogether, well, not really, but I could.


Boots Botanics Complexion Refining Day Moisture Lotion SPF 12 $12.99. Available at www.boots.com or Target.


Boots Skin Brightening Cleanser $6.99. Available at www.boots.com or Target

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! great post, really your blog is very interesting.
Regards ;0)

Robert

Daniella said...

Hi thank you for your comment hope to see you again!

Elle said...

anything murad is a great mourstrizer also!

Patricia said...

Hi Daniela!!! Thank you for including myself in your blogroll and for your commentaries. Here it is not possible to use any Boots's product because in Asturias (where I live) there is no this mark.
See you ;)