Stop Global Warming
"Fashion is as profound and critical a part of the social life of people as sex, and is made up of the same ambivalent mixture of irresistible urges and inevitable taboos” - Rene Konig

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

No Chip, No Kidding

Now, I'm not a nail polish fan. Why? Well, because despite all of my efforts and the gazillion nail polish brands I've tried, my manicure doesn't last me two days. I've found that my Chanel polish is as good as my Wet N Wild and that OPI may last me a little longer, but nothing to fuzz about. Although, I must confess that I've learned some tips to make your manicure last, like buffing your nails since the ridges actually make them chip faster and having an oil free nail base since your natural oils prevent the polish from really adhere to the nail. But all this may only make a very little difference until I discover Sally Hansen NO CHIP 10 Day Nail Color. At first I was skeptical, but at $4.49 it was worth the try, so I put this top coat up to a challenge. If it lasts me at least 5 days I would be more than happy. Well, I painted my nails with a beautiful, but cheap, Cover Girl pink color and coated it with Hansen's No Chip Top Coat. Today is the fourth day and it looks as fresh and shiny as the first one, I'm not kidding, my nails are so shiny they actually look like patent leather. How awesome is that!?! Sally Hansen NO CHIP 10 Day Color is keeping its promise. So far, so good. I'll keep you guys posted on the final number (of days with an intact manicure), but this is the longest I've gone without my polish chipping off so I'm sold.



No Chip 10 Day Nail Color Clear by Sally Hansen
Sally Hansen NO CHIP 10Day Nail Color in 01 Clear $4.49. Also available in 23 beautiful colors. Available at www.ulta.com or your nearest drug store.

4 comments:

Chelsea Rae said...

I paint my nails obsessively...partially because I wear dark colors that chip really easily, but I love Sally Hansen stuff. I use the Insta-Dri top coat. It actually drys really quickly and it lasts pretty long. woo hoo for Sally Hansen!

Daniella said...

I just discovered it and Im thrilled! Yeah, woo hoo!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I do whats called the 'No Chip Manicure,' Here in Chicago in the Uptown community at the Le Petite Spa. You can view me on you tube or read my article at ezine articles; just type in "no chip manicure." It comes in over 100 beautiful colors and it last 2-3 weeks without chipping. It is FDA approved for healthy alternative for natural nails. Drop by sometime 4058 North Sheridan Rd in Chicago.

Anonymous said...

im thinking i found the answer to no chip polish.its ORLY wont chip' only 7.99 at cvs.